Thursday, March 18, 2010

How Great is my God!

How Great Thou Art

by Swedish poet, Carl Gustav Boberg

Oh Lord my God, when I in awesome wonder

Consider all the worlds Thy hands have made

I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder

Thy pow'r throughout the universe displayed


Then sings my soul my Savior God to Thee

How great Thou art, how great Thou art


When through the woods, and forest glades I wander

And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees

When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur

And hear the brook and feel the gentle breeze


And when I think that God, His Son not sparing

Sent Him to die, I scarce can take it in

That on the cross my burden gladly bearing

He bled and died to take away my sin


When burdens press, and seem beyond endurance,


Bowed down with grief, to Him I lift my face;


And then in love He brings me sweet assurance:


'My child! for thee sufficient is my grace'


O when I see ungrateful man defiling


This bounteous earth, God's gifts so good and great;


In foolish pride, God's holy Name reviling,


And yet, in grace, His wrath and judgment wait.


Then Christ shall come with shout of aclaimation!

And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart

Then I will bow in humble adoration

And there proclaim my God how great Thou art!


Then sings my soul my Savior God to Thee

How great Thou art, how great Thou art!

No comments:

Post a Comment