Monday, May 11, 2009

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my Redeemer."  from Psalm 19:14

If God is my Redeemer then He will provide the strength to resist temptation and make my speech and thoughts honoring to Him.  He has commanded me to hide His Word in my heart that I might not sin against Him.  And in Phil. 4:8 we are given a list of the topics of our speech and thoughts:  TRUTH - HONESTY - JUST - PURITY - LOVELINESS - and things of GOOD REPORT.  
The speaker at our church luncheon on Saturday reminded us to listen to that old song, "Be careful of your hands what you touch, be careful of your ears what you hear, be careful of your mouth what you say, be careful of your feet where you go, be careful of your eyes what you see...For the Father up above is watching you in love so be careful what you see and touch and hear and say and where you go."  I am not sure of the exact wording, but you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment